What is multiboxing, I hear you ask? For those of you who DON’T know, I’m about to reveal it all.
This is not Nintendo! This is known as a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). It is a mix of role-playing video games and MMORPGs. Players typically play one character at a time, however serious, expert players seem to prefer the challenge that comes with MMORPGs.
Multiboxing allows users to play with more than one character at the same time, increasing both the difficulty and the challenge. With multiboxing software, users can control up to 5 characters.
There are many multi-box softwares available for PC and MAC, but today the focus is on PwnBoxer. For those I know who like it, PwnBoxer is their software of choice and World of Warcraft (WoW) is their game of choice. This game is not free, but it is incredibly popular and a great platform for multiboxing.
To multi-box successfully with WOW, you need to make sure you have the following:
• One registered account per game character, so if you have 3 characters, you need 3 accounts and several copies of the game.
• You also need a computer with enough power to “broadcast” commands to all the games you are running using your PwnBoxer software.
PwnBoxer was created in 2009 by Tim Sullivan, the CEO / Founding Owner and Partner of Wowhead.com. As an avid gamer, his goal when designing the software was to create a feature-rich, easy-to-use program that was 100% legal. While it was designed to run on PCs, it is known to work just as well on MAC or any decent computer with a quad-core processor.
• The software allows you to control CPU usage, allowing your PC to run multiple copies of WOW without the need for additional hardware.
• It also has a built-in game web browser, so the user can browse other websites without exiting the game.
• Users can chat with other multibox players around the world through a built-in chat function.
• There are 2 additional and very useful functions for gamers, video recording and network monitoring.
• Pwnboxer has earned a reputation for reliability and stability and is a favorite among serious gamers.
• Has an established forum where a multitude of users can share stories, experiences and the latest trends and recommendations.
If you’re just starting out at multiboxing, there are plenty of great how-to videos and tutorials you can download from You Tube.